Surakanti Jagan Mohan Reddy
Sri S Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Secretary & Correspondent Sphoorthy Engineering College, is one of the Founders of the College in 2004.
Being hailed from an Agricultural family from the District of Mahabubnagar, Telangana he is a post graduate in Master of Science with specialization in Statistics, Post graduate in M.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering and also obtained Masters in Education.
Profile and Experience:
- Before taking the position of Secretary & Correspondent, has experience in administering Degree & PG College and Education Colleges.
- A continuous and life-long learner and participated in many National and International Conferences; Chaired Technical Sessions; Undertook training in many Entrepreneurship Development Programmes; Academic Leadership Programmes etc.
- Believes in the Principles of Discipline and Values and successfully running Sphoorthy Engineering College with the Motto of “Truth, Quality and Excellence”.
- Resource Person in many TV Shows on Engineering Education and resolved the queries of students and parents related to Engineering Career, Job Opportunities, Goal Setting, etc. These shows are being telecasted in TV9, ETV, N TV, TV5, V6 News Channel etc.
- Chief Patron of many National and International Conferences, Technical Symposiums, Workshops, Training and Faculty Development Programmes etc organised at Sphoorthy Engineering College.
- Visited many Universities and Educational Institutions in India and Abroad to study the Best Practices adopted in the areas of Teaching-Learning, Evaluation System, Research & Consultancy etc.
Areas of Expertise
- Educational Leadership
- Quality Management at Educational Institutions
- Teaching and Learning Pedagogies
- Evaluation and Assessment Practices
- Research & Development
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Outcome Based Education
- Value Based Education
Implementation of Best Practices at Sphoorthy Engineering College:
- Student Leadership
- Performance Based Appraisal System
- Establishment of Innovation Centre
- Strong Support to Research & Development
- Establishment of Incubation for Entrepreneurial Support to students
- Industry Institute Interaction with many reputed Organizations
- Incentives to the staff
- Recognition Awards to the Faculty Members
- Financial assistance to Poor Students
- Facilities for Students
- Welfare schemes for Teaching and Non Teaching Staff
- Pollution free Green Campus
- Avoiding usage of Plastic in the Campus
- Avoiding sale of Junk Food and Soft Drinks
- Promotion of Organic Farming in the Campus
- Regular Free Medical Camps to Students and Staff
- Insurance Facility to Students and Staff
- Regular meetings with Students and Staff to seek opinions for good governance
- Sponsorship to faculty members for participation in National and International Conferences, Workshops, FDPs etc.
- Promoting Value Based Education through special lectures by eminent Personality Development Specialists
- Making the Campus a Ragging Free Zone
- Creating a Strong Alumni Network
Yoga and Meditation, Reading Motivational Books and Travelling.