GEDC 2014 General Elections
The Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) is happy to announce the results of its 2014 general elections.
The results are as follows:
- Peter Kilpatrick was elected as Chair - Elect for one year, and will become GEDC Chair at the GEDC 2015 Adelaide Conference and serve for two years.
- Laura J. Steinberg was elected to serve as Secretary/Treasurer for one year. In that capacity she will serve as an Officer with John Beynon (GEDC Chair until November, 2015) and Peter Kilpatrick (GEDC Chair - Elect).
- The following were elected to the Executive Committee:
- Claudio Borri
- A. M. Obiazi
- I. K. Puri
- Simeon Simoff
- N. C. Tien
- Don Zhang
GEDC community expresses its gratitude to the leadership role played by Paul Feigin by co-chairing the GEDC Election Nominating Committee together with Sarah Rajala who is also the GEDC immediate past chair. Hans J Hoyer served in an ex-officio capacity.
GEDC expresses its appreciation to the other outstanding candidates who participated in this year’s election and certainly encourage them to run again in the future years.
Finally, GEDC expresses its considerable appreciation to the colleagues who will finish their terms of office at the GEDC 2014 Dubai Conference:
- Immediate Past Chair, Sarah Rajala
- Secretary/Treasurer, Tuncay Döğeroğlu
- Executive Committee members:
- Hesham El - Rewini, USA, 2014
- Peter Jimack, UK, 2014
- Jaiyong Lee, South Korea, 2014
- Yannis Yortsos, USA, 2014